How Is It Green?
LP® SolidStart® LSL & The Environment
- LP SolidStart LSL is made from wood – a renewable, natural resource.
- Our wood procurement process targets small, fast growing trees that can be replenished more quickly than older, larger trees.
- LP uses SFI® certified forest management and fiber sourcing systems to help ensure that our wood comes from well-managed forests. LP SolidStart LSL is certified to the SFI chain-of-custody standard.
- The entire log is used in our manufacturing process. All wood waste is repurposed or used to help fuel our mills.
- We only use low-emitting, safe resins in the manufacture of LP SolidStart LSL and do not add any urea formaldehyde.
- Available in grades up to 1.75E, LP SolidStart LSL allows for longer spans. This reduces the number of pieces needed and results in more efficient use of natural resources.
- LP SolidStart LSL may help builders qualify for certification points in a number of leading green building programs