Interested in purchasing LP SolidStart I-Joists?Find out where to buy
LP SolidStart I-Joist Benefits
LP® SolidStart® I-Joists are more versatile than open web floor trusses, and more uniform and dimensionally stable than lumber. They can be trimmed on-site, and long lengths allow ceilings and floors to be designed with fewer pieces, saving installation time. Build sturdy, stable floors with wider flanges. Benefits include:
- Quick Installation: Weighs less than traditional lumber.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Long lengths allow ceilings and floors to be designed with fewer pieces.
- Peace of Mind: Less likely to split, shrink, twist, warp or bow.
- Durable Design: Larger nailing area and increased stability.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Extensive product line backed by warranties you won’t find with traditional lumber. See complete warranty details for more information.
How It’s Made
LP® SolidStart® I-Joists feature an advanced design and tough build for superior performance:
- Combines laminated veneer lumber (LVL) or finger-jointed sawn wood flanges with a web of oriented strand board (OSB) to produce an I-shaped structural member.
- Both materials work together to resist deflection, bending stresses and shear.
- LVL and MSR lumber flanges up to 3-1/2˝ wide for greater stability.
|Series||Flange Width||Flange Material||Depths|
|LPI 18||2-1/2˝||SolidSawn||9-1/2˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝|
|LPI 20Plus||2-1/2˝||SolidSawn||9-1/2˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝|
|LPI 32Plus||2-1/2˝||SolidSawn||9-1/2˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝, 16˝|
|LPI 42Plus||3-1/2˝||SolidSawn||9-1/2˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝, 16˝, 18˝, 20˝, 22˝, 24˝|
|LPI 52Plus (Eastern Region)||3-1/2˝||SolidSawn||11-7/8˝, 14˝, 16˝, 18˝, 20˝, 22˝, 24˝|
|LPI 36 (Western Region)||2-1/4˝||LVL||9-1/2˝,11-7/8˝, 14˝|
|LPI 56||3-1/2˝||LVL||9-1/2˝,11-7/8˝, 14˝|
- Available with solid sawn lumber or LVL flanges
- Flanges on LP SolidStart I-Joists are wider than typical flanges
- All solid sawn flanges are machine tress rated and proof loaded
- Suitable for a variety of applications, including floor and roof framing
- Can be cantilevered to accommodate various floor framing details
- Can be used as roof rafters; ideal for cathedral ceiling
LP SolidStart LPI 450 and 530 I-Joists at IBS 2014
LP at the 2014 International Builders’ Show.
LP SolidStart I-Joists Product Video
Learn why LP SolidStart I-Joists are the right choice.