Interested in purchasing LP SolidStart LSL?Find out where to buy
LP SolidStart LSL Benefits
Manufactured by the leader in strand board technology, LP® SolidStart® LSL has engineered strength that allows for longer spans and greater design flexibility. Available in various sizes, it features:
- Strength: Available in 1.75E grade, the industry’s highest grade of LSL.
- Efficiency: Faster installation (buildup not required for 2x4 frame).
- Versatility: Use for floor beams, door and window headers, garage door headers, roof and wall framing, rim board, stair stringers and sill plates.
- Peace of Mind: Consistent low moisture content helps resist twisting, warping and shrinking.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Backed by a long-term warranty so you can build with security and confidence. See full complete warranty details for more information.
How It’s Made
LP® SolidStart® LSL’s manufacturing process provides superior performance with less shrinking, warping and twisting.
- Made from a mix of sustainably harvested aspen and maple hardwoods for greater strength
- A steam injection press results in low moisture content (7%–10%) similar to the conditions inside a home
- End- and edge-sealed to reduce swelling
Available thicknesses: 1-1/2˝, 1-3/4˝, 3-1/2˝
Available depths: 3-1/2˝, 4-3/8˝, 5-1/2˝, 7-1/4˝, 9-1/4˝ 9-1/2˝, 11-1/4˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝, 16˝, 18˝, 20˝, 22˝, 24˝
Available grades: 1.35E, 1.55E, and 1.75E (the industry’s highest grade of LSL)
Available in most framing lumber sizes
Available in precision end-trimmed lengths upon request
Edges and ends are sealed to reduce swelling
How Is It Made: LP SolidStart LSL
Learn more about how LP makes LP SolidStart LSL.
LP SolidStart LSL Case Study
Learn why LP SolidStart LSL is the right choice.View Case Study