The Ultimate Mother's Day Gift: A She-Shed for Mom
by Parry Grimm, April 26, 2018
* Lead image as seen in Better Homes and Gardens® magazine. www.bhg.com
Are you wondering what to get Mom for Mother’s Day this year that will really knock her socks off? If she’s like most moms, she spends a lot of time doing for others, so some peace and quiet probably tops her list of most-wanted gifts. This year, give her what she wants from the comfort of her very own she-shed! What’s a she-shed? It’s the female answer to a man cave, and the best thing for moms since the washing machine was invented.
The space that’s usually cluttered with power tools and outgrown bikes can be transformed into an oasis where mom can indulge in her favorite pastimes, or just enjoy quiet time to relax. It’s a place to escape that’s close to home, but far enough away she can hear herself think.
Ways Mom Can Use a She-Shed
- Crafting. Get craft supplies out of the closet or basement and into a shed specially designed for crafting. Mom will love the creative space that a crafting she-shed provides, and the comfort of knowing she can stop in the middle of project and not worry about it being disturbed. Whether mom loves painting, sewing or papercrafting, a she-shed is the perfect spot.
- Gardening. It can be a challenge to find a suitable location for the assortment of gardening supplies that come with having a green thumb. Garden tools, pots, potting soil and seedlings just don’t belong in a garage or closet. With a garden shed, Mom will have all the room she needs and she’ll never have to worry about cleaning up.
- Exercising. It’s hard for moms to get to the gym for a workout, even on the best days. Why not give her the space to exercise just outside her home? Install a she-shed with a treadmill and some free weights, and she’ll have an exercise studio that’s convenient and free to use.
- Home office. If Mom is in need of a home office but there is no extra room inside the home, consider creating a backyard “shedquarters.” It can be a practical and affordable way to help her get work done without distractions.
- Relaxing. The she-shed can bring some much-needed quiet time back into your favorite mom’s life. Whether she loves curling up with a good book, napping or hanging out with friends, a she-shed is the perfect way to escape from the daily grind.
Find Out Where to Buy a She-Shed
There are no set rules on building a she-shed, as long as it’s a place Mom enjoys. This Mother’s Day, turn your backyard into an outdoor retreat with a durable shed constructed of innovative products from LP. Get she-shed ideas, then find out where to buy a shed near you!