Stress Less: Tips to Get More Enjoyment From This Holiday Season
by Parry Grimm, December 5, 2017
Preparing for the most wonderful time of the year can be, well, not so wonderful. In fact, it can be downright stressful when you consider the long list of gifts to buy, the decorating to be done and the holiday treats to be baked. Remember not to sweat the small stuff and you will have more time to truly enjoy the holidays! Here are tips on how to stress less from LP® Outdoor Building Solutions®, your source for quality shed materials.
- Decide what’s most important. Keep your stress level low by setting goals and sticking to them. Decide the three things that are most important for you to accomplish at the holidays. The first might be making cookies with your children or grandchildren, or taking time to buy and wrap meaningful gifts. Focus on those important things you want to accomplish, and don’t waste energy in other areas.
- Decorate one focal point – instead of the whole room. Do you ever feel helpless in the face of home magazines that feature every room covered in holiday décor? Instead of trying to achieve Christmas decorating perfection alone, focus on creating one decorated focal point in each room. This could include a mantel, a dining table or a Christmas tree.
- Put your best dish forward. If you are hosting a holiday gathering for family or friends, don’t fall into the trap of cooking a full meal alone (unless that’s something you enjoy). Choose one dish your family loves so you know it will be a hit with your guests, then enlist others to contribute their favorites. Set the table the night before, so you’ll have more time to mingle and won’t be stuck in the kitchen while everyone else makes memories.
- Instead of a dinner, host an open house. Most loved ones won’t remember fancy table settings and elaborate entrees next year – they care more about spending time together. If you don’t want to tackle a big holiday dinner, opt for a low-key open house. Open houses are far less stressful for both hosts and guests. Serve finger foods and appetizers for an evening gathering, or try a breakfast open house with coffee and holiday pastries.
- Shop for gifts online. Starting in 2015, more shoppers went online than to stores over Black Friday weekend, and for good reason. There are no crowded malls, long lines or parking hassles online – you simply get what you want, when you want it. Make the process even less stressful by shopping early for the best selection and assurance that your gifts will arrive in plenty of time.
Do you stress over holiday clutter? Learn simple tips to keep your home organized this holiday season!
Get More Room With an Outdoor Storage Building
Outdoor storage buildings are a great place to store household items when you need more room for guests indoors, and decorations when the holidays are over. In addition to keeping your home clutter-free, a shed built with LP products offers more durable protection than the standard plywood shed. LP engineered wood resists warping, splitting, cracking, fungal decay and termites. Find dealers near you that sell sheds built with LP products.