Top 5 Outdoor Living Trend Predictions for 2018
by Parry Grimm, January 17, 2018
Now that the ball has dropped and we’re faced with several more weeks of cold weather, many of us need something to look forward to – like warm sunshine and barbeques! Here are a few outdoor living trends for 2018 you can expect to enjoy.
- Bringing the inside out. The trend of turning a patio, deck or outdoor space into an additional living area with modern amenities and accessories will continue to blossom. Expect to see rugs, sofas, televisions and eye-catching lighting fixtures used in these areas. Decking is having a moment too, as manufacturers introduce composite deck boards that mimic the distressed look and texture of interior hardwood flooring. For those who want an enclosed escape, backyard sheds will continue to be an attractive, low-cost way to extend the square footage of the home.
- Color craze. Bold color is no longer limited to interior walls and furniture. Homeowners will have more options than ever before to make their outdoor space fit their personalities, from throw pillows to patterned rugs to curtains. If you want color that’s a little more permanent, consider outdoor tiling. Tile in pretty colors and prints creates a unique addition to an outdoor living room.
- Fire features heat up. Whether it’s in the wilderness or on a patio, few features make spending time outside more enjoyable than a fire. In addition to serving as a natural gathering spot, a fire feature also extends the amount of time you can use your outdoor living space. Look for outdoor fireplaces to become the focal point of the porch or patio, with TVs and artwork hug above just as you would see indoors. Where a fireplace isn’t an option, attractive fire pits can serve the same purpose.
- Outdoor connectivity. Homeowners want to stay connected to their favorite technologies, even when they’re in the pool or on the patio. Weatherproof TV and film screens, hidden patio speakers and extended Wi-Fi connections will let you enjoy a great viewing experience whether it’s hot or cold, rain or shine.
- Edible gardens. Why mow when you can have a garden that produces your first dinner course? Many homeowners are discovering what our great-grandparents took for granted: having a home garden is convenient, budget-friendly and a great step toward a healthier lifestyle.
Connect With LP Outdoor Building Solutions
Do you need an outdoor shed to complete your outdoor living space, or a garden shed to store tools and supplies? LP offers a unique collection of engineered wood building products designed specifically for use in sheds, barns and outdoor structures. These products provide lasting durability, beautiful finishes and style options far beyond those of your typical backyard storage sheds. Learn more at a shed dealer near you.