Shed Shopping 101: What to Ask, Where to Buy
by Parry Grimm, March 22, 2018
You’re tired of the garage clutter. You need a storage shed to protect your stuff and help you get your life organized. But there are so many options and so many decisions to make – where do you start? Here’s a quick guide to help you make an informed decision from LP, the leading manufacturer of quality shed building materials.
What to Ask
- How will my shed be used? How your outdoor building will be used is a crucial factor in deciding where it should be sited. Thinking about the purpose of your shed can also help you determine how big it should be.
- Where will my shed be placed? Choosing the right location is one of the first decisions you’ll need to make after deciding to invest in a storage shed. Check with your local planning and zoning department to determine if there are rules about where you can place a shed on your property. Learn more about how to choose the right location for your shed.
- What size shed do I need? Sheds are available in a wide range of sizes, from small dog houses to two-story detached garages. Use LP’s size selector tool to help you estimate what shed size you should get based on how you want to use it and the items you plan to store.
- What style of shed do I want? The overall shape of the shed will have an effect on cost, usefulness, curb appeal and even where the shed can be placed. Common shed designs include gambrel (barn), cottage, ranch and saltbox.
- What materials do I need? If you are not purchasing a ready-made shed, you will need to gather materials according to your shed plan. LP encourages you to explore our cutting-edge products for shed construction. These include innovative materials like LP® SilverTech® radiant barrier products to keep your shed cooler, and SmartFinish® products which provide a uniform, professional-grade appearance. Engineered wood gives an attractive finished look to your shed.
Where to Buy
If you are buying a shed, find the location of a shed dealer near you who builds with quality shed materials from LP® Outdoor Building Solutions®. Buying a shed is the right choice if you lack the time and skills necessary to construct a quality building.
Get Started Today
LP has a wide range of resources to help you as you beginning planning a storage shed that is a perfect fit for you and your needs. You can also get more information from a shed dealer who uses quality LP Outdoor Building Solutions products.
Images courtesy of Pine Creek Structures