The Value of Leveraging Manufacturers to Grow Your Business
by Karen Alves, December 24, 2018
Owners of small and mid-sized remodeling companies often wear many hats. While this can be empowering for enthusiastic entrepreneurs, it may also inhibit business growth due to a lack of resources and sophisticated marketing plans. If you find yourself in this boat, put the power of association to work for your company. You can leverage your relationships with manufacturers to improve quality of work, increase exposure and add value to your projects.
How Manufacturers Can Help
Ashley Sonn, Segment Marketing Manager for LP Building Products, recommends that small to mid-size companies utilize programs that building material manufacturers offer. “Get a better understanding of building materials and installation techniques through manufacturer training programs,” says Sonn. “Use programs like the LP® BuildSmart™ program to steadily grow your reputation and reduce the likelihood of call-backs.”
Here are some additional ways you can benefit from a manufacturer relationship:
- Increase customer confidence and satisfaction while generating potential referrals by employing best practices and tips to create beneficial, ongoing relationships with manufacturers.
- Better organize your business model and effectively plan for future, long-term growth by utilizing manufacturer marketing programs and tools.
- Add value to residential projects with premium products or techniques by optimizing manufacturer loyalty programs.
- Leverage manufacturer loyalty programs to curb the costs of premium materials.
- Join networking programs to foster industry relationships to increase word-of-mouth referrals, and cost-effective marketing resources to increase brand recognition.
Take Your Business Further With LP
The LP BuildSmart Preferred Contractor Program supports all members in the quality installation of LP® SmartSide® engineered wood siding products, and offers tools to help them grow their business along the way. With the right team on your side, there’s no limit to how far you can take your business. Apply for an account with the LP BuildSmart Preferred Contractor Program and start benefiting today!