Did You Know? Engineered Wood Siding Installs Faster
by Amy Lindholm, May 25, 2017
Siding materials can dramatically change the appeal of a home exterior by improving its look and style, but the value of siding goes far beyond looks. For contractors, a material’s ease of installation can have a big impact on the profitability of each siding project. For your business, switching to LP® SmartSide® siding can mean cost savings on labor and wasted materials, boosting your bottom line. Work smarter, not harder.
Why LP® SmartSide® Siding Goes Up Faster
- It can be cut with standard woodworking tools. LP SmartSide siding installs using common framing tools, so you don’t have to cut it with anything special. This is in contrast to fiber cement siding, which requires expensive diamond-tipped cutting blades and specialized cutting techniques.
- It weighs less. LP SmartSide siding is engineered to be strong and lighter weight for easier installation with less breakage. This lighter weight means one piece can be carried and installed by one worker, rather than the two required when transporting and installing fiber cement.
- It comes in longer lengths. LP SmartSide lap siding comes in 16-foot lengths that are significantly longer than the standard 12-foot fiber cement panel. This may result in fewer unsightly seams and joints on a wall.
- Each piece is straight and consistent. Engineered wood siding from LP is free of the knots and voids found in traditional wood siding. The absence of defects means your crew won’t have to spend time culling material to find usable pieces.
- It comes pre-primed. All LP SmartSide products come pre-primed and ready to paint to help you save time.
Accelerate Your Business with LP® SmartSide® Products
The LP SmartSide product line – which includes lap, panel and shake siding, trim, fascia and engineered wood soffit panels – gives you and your customers a wide spectrum of style choices. With more than 10 billion feet of trim and siding products installed on over five million homes since 1997, LP SmartSide products have proven to benefit contractors and property owners in locations across the U.S.
Learn more about LP SmartSide products and how they can accelerate your business. To schedule a product knowledge meeting with an LP representative, call our Customer Care Center today at (888) 820-0325.