Why You Can Believe in LP® SmartSide®, Part 5: Easy Installation
by Amy Lindholm, September 22, 2016
In the previous installments of this blog series, we discussed several aspects of LP® SmartSide® engineered wood siding options. We’ve examined the beautiful finish and cedar grain texture, and the proven durability of treated engineered wood. We’ve learned about LP’s industry-leading 5/50-year limited warranty. And we have explored the superior impact and termite resistance of LP SmartSide products.
Now let’s find out how easy it is to install LP SmartSide trim and siding products.
Works the Way Wood is Supposed To
It’s hard to beat the natural look of a home finished in real wood. With LP SmartSide trim and siding, contractors can give homeowners that warm, inviting look with less maintenance. The best part? It’s easier than you think!
- Straight and ready to use. LP SmartSide treated engineered wood siding cuts out the time you spend dealing with warped and split pieces. Consistently straight engineered wood pieces reduce the time spent looking for good pieces to use, and pre-primed siding saves time finishing your siding job.
- Ease of installation. One of the great advantages of working with LP SmartSide products is the easy installation. To cut them, you will need only a few standard woodworking tools: a circular saw or miter saw, a nail gun or drill, plus primer, sealant and paint. The self-aligning SmartLock™ option increases the speed and efficiency of installation.
- Lightweight. Compared to fiber cement siding, engineered wood from LP SmartSide is lighter, stronger and easier to handle on the job site. Fiber cement requires specialized tools to cut and is more likely to break or crack, resulting in more material waste to haul off the job site.
- Longer lengths. Engineered wood can be manufactured in lengths up to 16 feet. The longer panel lengths speed up installation and may result in fewer seams when installed.
- Pre-primed and prefinished. LP SmartSide products come pre-primed to save time and money. Pre-priming results in exceptional paint adhesion. In addition, all products can be locally prefinished by an LP SmartSide Preferred Prefinisher.
LP Makes Building Easier
We’re confident you will love the outstanding workability of LP SmartSide. For more information and a price on LP SmartSide products for your next project, find an LP SmartSide siding retailer or remodeler near you.