Interested in purchasing Treated LSL?Find out where to buy
LP SolidGuard LSL Benefits
LP® SolidGuard® LSL treated sill plates are manufactured to be straight and more uniform in strength, stiffness and size than traditional lumber. Advantages include:
- Strength: Provides a full wall plate solution for taller wood-framed buildings.
- Efficiency: Long lengths make it easy for continuous framing along walls.
- Versatility: Available in common traditional lumber sizes and in long lengths.
- Peace of Mind: Manufactured straight and stays straight, treated throughout with no need to field treat, and is free of knots and other naturally occurring defects.
- Sustainability: LP uses forest management and procurement systems certified to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® standard.
- 25-Year Limited Warranty: Products backed by a 25-year limited warranty against termite and fungal decay damage. See complete warranty details for more information.
How It’s Made
The LP® SolidGuard® LSL manufacturing process blends zinc borate throughout the product, eliminating the need for field treatment.
- Made with sustainably harvested aspen and maple hardwoods for greater strength
- Treated with zinc borate to resist termite damage and fungal decay
- Edges and ends are sealed for additional moisture protection
Available depths: 3-1/2˝, 5-1/2˝
9-1/2˝, 11-1/4˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝, 16˝, 18˝, 20˝, 22˝, 24˝
Available grades: 1.35E
Custom widths and lengths available upon request
Available in precision end-trimmed lengths upon request
Edges and ends are sealed to reduce swelling
LP SolidGuard LSL at IBS
LP SolidGuard LSL at IBS 2014.