Interested in purchasing Radiant Barrier Sheathing?Find out where to buy
LP TechShield Radiant Barrier Benefits
LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier Sheathing is designed to lower a home’s attic temperature. These panels have been installed in more than 1.5 million homes in the United States. Product features include:
- Efficiency: Blocks up to 97% of the radiant heat in the roof panel from emitting into a home’s attic, reducing an attic’s temperature by up to 30° F.
- Availability: Available in warm climate regions throughout the United States.
- Innovation: Patented VaporVents™ technology with post-lamination incising.
- Workability: Installs like conventional roof sheathing, requiring no additional labor.
- Energy Conscious: May help builders qualify for Green Building credits, energy rebates and lower HERS scores.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- 20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty: Backed by a long-term warranty so you can build with security and confidence.
How It’s Made
LP® TechShield® Radiant Barrier Sheathing is the product of an innovative manufacturing process that distinguishes it from traditional sheathing materials:
- LP TechShield sheathing is made by laminating a thin, durable sheet of aluminum to our LP OSB Sheathing.
- Patented VaporVents™ technology with post-lamination incising allows panel to dry more quickly from construction moisture than other radiant barrier sheathing.
- Wood is sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forest Initiative®.
- Available panel size: 47-7/8˝ x 95-7/8˝
- Available performance categories: 7/16, 15/32, 1/2, and 19/32
- Available on APA Exposure 1 rated OSB
- PS2 rated
LP TechShield Radiant Barrier
Learn more about how LP TechShield Radiant Barrier Sheathing is made.
LP TechShield Radiant Barrier Product Demonstrator
Learn about LP TechShield Radiant Barrier installation best practices.