Interested in purchasing LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing?Find out where to buy
LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing Benefits
LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing combines fire resistance and structural performance in a single panel. Advantages include:
- Fire Resistance: A unique combination of flame-spread resistance and burn-through resistance, it’s a code compliant component of 1-hour and 2-hour fire-rated interior and exterior wall assemblies and roof decks.
- Strength: Carries full design values for load/span and shear as untreated wood structural panels.
- Protection: 15-minute thermal barrier (UBC 26-2).
- Weather Resistance: Exposure-1 rated to withstand moisture during normal construction delays.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- 20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty: Backed by a long-term warranty so you can build with confidence.
How It’s Made
A cost-effective solution for fire-resistant construction, LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing is manufactured with proven technology:
- A patented non-combustible Pyrotite® layer slows the spread of flame and heat.
- Structural Fire-Rated Sheathing
- Class A Flame Spread Rating
- 3 Times Longer Burn-Through Resistance Than Standard Wood Sheathing
- Non-Combustible, Fiberglass-Reinforced Magnesium Oxide Coating Over LP® OSB
- Two Quarts Of Water Locked Into Each 32 Square Feet Of Coating (4´ x 8´)
- Allows For Faster, More Cost-Effective Compliance With Fire Codes, Even In Seismic Zones
- Durable, Easy To Handle On Job Site
- No Hazardous Chemicals
- Variety Of PS2-Rated Thicknesses And Lengths, Including Struc-1
- 20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty
LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing
Learn more about LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing.
LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing at IBS 2014
LP’s Marketing Analyst explains the benefits of LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing.