As summer comes to a close and the leaves begin to change, it’s time to start thinking about fall décor ideas. Whether outdoor fall displays are your specialty or you’re just looking for a simple upgrade to your exterior, you’ll find something for every budget and a variety of siding colors in the list below.
1. Pumpkins and gourds galore Pumpkins are one of the most famous signs of fall’s arrival—and they’re not just for carving. Though jack-o-lanterns do make for playful fall porch décor, this fall staple has more to offer for your porch upgrade than you might expect. Try styling your porch with a combination of white and green varieties along with traditional orange pumpkins. Adjust the setup to suit your siding colors as well. For example, cream siding like LP® SmartSide® ExpertFinish® Sand Dunes pairs great with a mixture of greens and whites, while black siding such as LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Abyss Black looks great with oranges and yellows. Vary pumpkin size and incorporate gourds or other harvest finds to your liking.
Click here to view how Liz Marie Galvan makes her porch feel cozy for fall!
2. Add height with cornstalks If your front porch has vertical posts, adding corn stalks is a unique way to incorporate natural elements for a festive fall porch—plus they’re a great complement to neutral siding colors. Our favorite neutral to use for décor like this is LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Prairie Clay. Fasten the corn stalks to your posts or place them in a black planter next to your front door to frame your entrance. To complete the look, add pumpkins around the base or tie a festive ribbon about halfway up the cornstalk.
Click here to see Liz Marie Galvan's approach to this fall trend!
3. Cozy up your outdoor seating area If you have a spacious front or back porch, the cooler weather that comes with fall makes it the perfect time to take advantage of your outdoor space and try out some fall outdoor decorating ideas. If you’re starting fresh, a pair of chairs can easily become a cozy oasis by adding an outdoor rug and festive throw pillows. If you have a little more room, add a coffee table or fire pit and finish it with string lights and blankets.
Liz Marie shows us how she styles her infamous cottage porch for the fall season.
Even if you don’t have a front porch, you can still create a festive exterior with florals and other fall exterior accessories.
1. Go floral Flowers are usually thought to be a spring accessory, but fall blooms like mums, goldenrods and dahlias can add fresh color and warmth to your exterior. While mums look great stacked on the steps of a front porch, you can achieve a similar effect by using hanging planters to line your entrance or placing them next to your front door.
2. Get festive with fall wreaths Looking for easy fall décor ideas? In almost any season, wreaths will be your go-to exterior accessory for a quick home update. With so many options on the market, you’ll be able to find a wreath to suit almost any siding color. For blue siding shades such as LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Summit Blue and Rapids Blue, opt for a pop of orange or red as a complementary color.
3. Make it spooky Recently, more modern takes on Halloween décor have made their way into exterior home design trends. White brick or siding such as LP SmartSide ExpertFinish siding in Snowscape White is the ideal backdrop for spooky décor such as black bats organized in a flying pattern that swoops across the front door or oversized black felt spiders crawling across your porch. Bring the festivity into the yard with miniature white sheet ghosts or black witch hats hanging from tree branches.
With fall upon us, it’s time to unleash your creativity and get decorating! Check out more siding inspiration here.
Whether it's a new phone, clothes, or a family car, today we’re often resigned to the fact that the new things we own won’t last forever. However, there is one thing that we still expect to endure for the long haul, and that’s our homes.Continue Reading
Re-siding your home can completely transform its look and increase curb appeal exponentially, but completing a re-side is a big job and a significant investment. If you’ve never done it, it’s hard to know what to expect and how to prepare for a siding replacement.
Board and batten style siding is enjoying a resurgence as a way to create visual interest in an otherwise blank wall. Many believe board and batten style is a timeless look that can leave your home’s exterior with major curb appeal for years to come.
Office, at-home gym, man cave, garden center—your shed can be whatever you want it to be and LP products can help you get there. As one of the most durable siding options on the market, LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding is the home siding that is a great option for houses and sheds alike.