Interested in purchasing Rim Board?Find out where to buy
LP SolidStart Rim Board Benefits
LP® SolidStart® Rim Board delivers superior performance in a wide range of sizes and depths. Features include:
- Reliability: High strength and low shrinkage.
- Efficiency: Precision-cut to match depths of LP SolidStart I-Joists, eliminates need for field ripping, and creates flat surfaces for easy installation of siding.
- Peace of Mind: Approved for one-hour and two-hour fire-rated rim board assemblies for party and exterior walls.
- Strength: High lateral load capacity for seismic and high wind applications. High vertical load capacity and low shrinkage for mid-rise construction.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Backed by a long-term warranty you won’t find with traditional lumber. See complete warranty details for more information.
How It’s Made
LP® SolidStart® Rim Board is made from three substrates to meet a variety of building needs: OSB, LVL or LSL.
- OSB: Thermal-set, waterproof adhesives and wood strands are bonded, cross-directionally layered, and then pressed under extreme heat and pressure.
- LSL: Mix of aspen and maple hardwoods are bonded together with a waterproof adhesive in a steam injection press.
- LVL: LP’s cross-ply LVL rim board is different from other LVL in that two veneers are cross-oriented to increase vertical load capacity.
Available options include rim board manufactured from OSB, LVL or LSL
Available thicknesses: 1˝ (OSB), 1-1/8˝ (OSB), 1-1/4˝ (LVL & LSL), 1-1/2˝ (LVL)
Available depths: 9-1/2˝, 11-7/8˝, 14˝, 16˝, 18˝, 20˝, 22˝, 24˝
Available standard lengths: 12´, 16´