Whether you’re building a new home or working on an exterior remodel, you may be wondering “How do I make the exterior of my house look modern?” There are many considerations to keep in mind, such as exterior cladding, trending exterior house colors, garage doors and more.
To help you start visualizing your home’s look, we’ve gathered a list of modern house siding ideas you can accomplish with one of the most durable siding solutions on the market: LP® SmartSide® ExpertFinish® Trim & Siding.
And when your ideas for home siding start flowing head on over to the LP SmartSide Home Visualizer, our siding visualizer tool that helps you bring your style to life.
1. Use different cladding materials for contrasting colors. Choose a main siding color but add dimension to it with a different material in a contrasting color. Below, you’ll see dark siding that pops because of stone accents in a very light color. For one home siding idea, LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding in colors Abyss Black or Cavern Steel work well with a light gray stone or brick.
2. Try two shades of the same color. A fun way to play with siding and trim is to choose a popular siding color and pair it with trim in a deeper shade of the same color. For example, ExpertFinish color Tundra Gray for siding paired with ExpertFinish color Abyss Black for trim creates a stunning color palette that will help your modern home siding stand out.
3. Match your garage door to your siding. You may not think of your garage door when it comes to exterior curb appeal, but it plays a big role. Why not update your garage door to match your siding? This brings an even greater level of cohesiveness to your design.
4. Use bright trim with dark siding. Standing out with a modern home exterior style doesn’t have to mean bold colors. How about using wide white trim around windows and doors? It will especially stand out from the crowd when paired with a darker color of siding, such as ExpertFinish colors Summit Blue or Rapids Blue.
5. Create a modern spin on a classic with rustic touches. Modern farmhouse siding is all the rage, and bright white siding (such as ExpertFinish color Snowscape White) can bring the epitome of modern to your home. However, adding rustic touches like natural wood columns or a front door can be a great nod to the history of the style while maintaining modern flair.
6. Go with black. It’s no secret that all-black siding is a new trend for modern home siding. If you’re ready to give it a shot, ExpertFinish color Abyss Black is the way to go. You can complement your dark siding with lighter patio furniture and décor to complete the look.
7. Use unique siding designs on gables. Instead of using lap siding throughout your home’s entire exterior, fill your gables with other siding options such as shakes or board and batten style siding. This adds interest and breaks up the sections of your home for added curb appeal.
8. Try a unique color. Many times, we get stuck thinking of siding in terms of neutrals only: whites, grays or browns. But there are many ways to boost curb appeal by going outside these shades. For example, two-tone colors are on-trend, and ExpertFinish color Summit Blue works well paired with other shades of blue.
Now that you’ve got some ideas, check out our siding visualizer tool: the LP SmartSide Home Visualizer. With this tool you can explore matching siding and roof colors, mixing exterior cladding materials and more to discover what styles look best to you. You can also upload a photo of your own home or choose a similar style to help visualize your options. When you’re ready for your re-side project to begin, explore next steps with our hiring a contractor checklist.
LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Prefinished Siding Colors Contribute to a Modern Home’s Exterior Design
Ultimately, a siding for a modern home should be both durable and beautiful, and LP SmartSide ExpertFinish Trim & Siding is a great choice for meeting those needs. With advanced durability and a variety of colors to fit almost any home’s style, it can help you get the look you want that lasts.
Looking for more tips? Start here.
Office, at-home gym, man cave, garden center—your shed can be whatever you want it to be and LP products can help you get there. As one of the most durable siding options on the market, LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding is the home siding that is a great option for houses and sheds alike.Continue Reading
While many homeowners focus their attention on interior holiday decor, giving your home’s exterior a festive upgrade will help ensure it’s a showstopper the moment friends and family pull into the driveway. We talked with lifestyle blogger Liz Marie Galvan to get her top outdoor holiday decorating tips.
With fall upon us, it’s time to unleash your creativity and get decorating! Whether outdoor fall displays are your specialty or you’re just looking for a simple upgrade to your exterior, you’ll find something for every budget and a variety of siding colors.
Though your siding will likely make up the bulk of your exterior, there are multiple elements at play to consider when choosing colors—things like window trim, garage doors and roofing. Though these factors are often overlooked in the excitement of choosing a new siding color, they are key to achieving a cohesive exterior.