Most homeowners spend a considerable amount of time and money making their home’s interior inviting, but can sometimes fail to prioritize exterior upgrades. It’s important to ensure the home style design of your exterior offers the same welcoming atmosphere that your interior provides so guests feel your hospitability right from the curb.
Here are the top six tips and tricks to create a home aesthetic that makes your guests feel welcome before even stepping foot inside.
- Give your front door a fresh coat – When guests approach the welcome mat, they shouldn’t be distracted by a dull door with chips and dings. By adding a fresh coat of paint, they’ll get a great first impression from the start.
- Add accent trim – Simple accents can make a big difference. Adding trim, for example, can accentuate your home’s visual flair and symmetry.
- Don’t forget about your mailbox – A neglected or mismatched mailbox can take away from a home’s look and charm. Ideally, a mailbox color and style should mirror that of the home’s siding for a cohesive look from the curb.
- Remember landscape lighting – Adding lighting to illuminate the walking path to your front door will ensure guests feel invited even in the evening hours.
- Add window boxes full of bright plants and flowers – Vibrant plants and flowers around the home can add an eye-catching pop of color. Choose metal for a traditional look and wood for a more charming addition beneath the windows.
- Think beyond the front yard – Sure, the front yard is what guests will see first when arriving at your home. However, consider an outdoor element like a backyard shed, which can be visible from the curb, for a unique focal point.
An exterior that is welcoming is sure to make your guests feel right at home. Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way to a more inviting home in no time.