Are you looking to better organize your home – and your life – going into the New Year? Check out these ideas to get your life in order for a more productive and efficient 2019.
- Rolling rack mudroom. Is built-in cabinetry out of the question in your mudroom? Turn a rolling utility rack into a convenient storage solution for your entry. Choose a rack that is about half the width of the space, and add hanging and/or stacking bins to catch shoes and accessories. Leave some room on the rack to hang jackets and coats.
- Contained clutter. If you have an area with miscellaneous items that are difficult to organize, use matching containers to corral the clutter in an attractive way. Simply choose two or three types of containers in the same material or color, then label the containers to help family members find what they need. The matching containers will help to create order out of chaos.
- Magnet marvels. Magnets are an excellent organizational tool in the kitchen, bathroom or office, allowing you to create storage even in the tightest of spaces. Magnetic hooks can be placed on the end of a metal kitchen island to store utensils. Install a magnetic strip on the underside of a cabinet shelf, and use containers with metal lids for handy spice storage that frees up cabinet space. Take advantage of the upper space in the fridge by installing magnetic bottle holders.
- DIY shelves. Cabinets can be pricey, especially when you have to have them custom-made to fit oddly shaped areas. Instead of cabinets, create your own DIY shelves for spots that don’t fit standard dimensions, such as over the refrigerator and toilet.
- Crate storage. Boost organization in bathrooms, kids’ rooms and more with DIY shelves made from wooden crates. Simply paint or stain the crates if desired, screw together in your desired configuration and enjoy ample open storage. If you have small children, attach the crates to the wall using molly bolts.
- Don’t forget the shed. When there’s not enough space inside, move items that won’t be affected by fluctuating temperatures to an outdoor storage building or other structure. Sheds made from engineered wood building products can store both seasonal and outdoor gear. LP® Outdoor Building Solutions® products feature innovations like the SmartGuard® process to resist fungal decay and termites, and SilverTech® radiant barrier products to keep your shed cooler. Get ideas to organize your backyard shed.
Get a Storage Shed That’s a Cut Above
The best backyard sheds are constructed of LP® Outdoor Building Solutions® products. Beautiful and exceptionally durable, LP engineered wood products feature many innovations to make your storage shed a cut above the rest. Find out where to purchase a shed built with LP products today.