Late fall and winter are the perfect times to start thinking about how you will prep your outdoor living area for next year’s season of outdoor entertaining. Check out some of the hottest backyard trends to jumpstart your planning.
- Container gardens. The perfect small-space solution, the container garden works for green thumbs regardless of location. With city populations increasing and backyards getting smaller, more and more people are choosing to do their gardening in pots. The rising popularity of organic produce is another reason container gardening is now trending.
- Natural hardscapes. Give your backyard a designed look by implementing hardscape features such as stone retaining walls, paver patios or meandering pathways. If you’re talking about a large-scale makeover, it’s often a good idea to enlist a landscape designer to plan your hardscape, even if you don’t plan on doing everything at once.
- Arbors. An arbor adds color, fragrance and texture to the garden and shares some of the benefits of the container garden: it’s ideal for small spaces and reduces the need for the gardener to stoop and bend. When covered with vines and climbing plants, an arbor also enhances privacy by screening the view from the neighbor’s yard.
- Indoor set-ups outside. The indoors has taken over the outdoors with everything you’d find in a living room now made for outdoor living. Add plenty of colorful pillows to spice up your backyard patio furniture and give it a cozier feel. If you’re shopping for patio furniture, designs that mix materials, such as metal and wood, are currently trending.
- Add a statement piece. A shed, pergola or another outdoor structure can give your backyard a wow factor in terms of aesthetics, and can also be used as an extension of your living space. Engineered wood products from LP® Outdoor Building Solutions® combine the beauty you want for your backyard with the durability needed for an outdoor structure.
Connect With LP Outdoor Building Solutions
Do you need a shed to complete your outdoor living space, or a garden shed to store tools and supplies? LP offers a unique collection of engineered wood building products designed specifically for use in sheds, barns and outdoor structures. These products provide lasting durability, beautiful finishes and style options far beyond those of your typical backyard storage sheds. Learn more at a shed dealer near you.