Posted in Industry News
LP Reflects on 2017
As 2017 comes to a close, we’re reflecting on a few of the major milestones we had here at LP Building Products. From introducing new products to reaching safety milestones, below are some of our key moments from 2017:
- Launch of LP Legacy® Sub-Flooring – In September, LP answered the call for tougher sub-flooring with the launch of LP Legacy® premium sub-flooring. Made with Gorilla Glue Technology™, LP Legacy engineered sub-floor boasts superior moisture resistance that prevents edge swell and is APA-rated with the highest bending stiffness.
- LP® SmartSide® siding selected as preferred engineered wood siding brand among remodelers– In October, Remodeling Magazine released its 2017 Brand Leader list that highlights the top brands in 54 product categories. LP® SmartSide® siding topped the list in the engineered wood siding category for “Brand Most Heard Of,” “Used in Past Two Years” and “Used Most Often.”
- LP wins the APA’s “Safest Company Award” – For the seventh time in nine years, LP received the APA award for the safest company. In addition, LP was recognized as the top company in 10 of the 11 categories for which the company was eligible, including Equipment Based Innovation in Safety, Three Year Safety Award for OSB, and The Annual Safety Awards for EWP and OSB.
- Architect’s Corner – Last spring, LP launched “Architect’s Corner” as a new resource for architects, engineers and specifiers in the design and building industry. As both technology and the building industry evolve, LP plans to include additional resources and design updates to provide the AEC community with the best solutions for design freedom.
- LP acquired International Barrier Technology Inc. – In July, LP announced its agreement to acquire Watkins, Minnesota-based International Barrier Technology Inc. (Barrier) by the end of the year. Since Barrier manufactures the fire-retardant coating used in LP® FlameBlock® Sheathing, the acquisition is expected to help accelerate LP’s growth into new markets as the trend for more fire resistance in residential and commercial buildings escalates.
- LP Debuts New LP® SmartSide® Perfection Shingle – In August, LP added the new LP® SmartSide® Perfection Shingle to the LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding product line. This engineered wood fiber lap shingle features a fine sawn wood texture with no knots and installs with a blind nail.
As LP moves into its 45th year in business, we are continuing to focus our efforts on advancing technologies to deliver uniquely engineered wood products that help you build everything smarter, better, faster and more efficiently – from a single-family home to a multi-family complex to a homeowner’s remodeling project. Be sure to keep up with us on the Engineered Wood blog and on social media: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
This information and the websites identified above are provided solely as a convenience to the reader. They are not intended to state or imply that the editors of Engineered Wood or LP Building Products sponsor, recommend, endorse or are affiliated or associated with the companies or products listed.