Interested in purchasing Standard OSB?Find out where to buy
LP OSB Sheathing Benefits
A cost-effective, high performance structural panel, LP® OSB is designed for optimal performance and stability. It contains only low-emitting safe resins and is offered in a comprehensive range of performance categories. Features include:
- Easy Installation: Installs consistently flat and stable.
- Quality: Consistent quality throughout a comprehensive line of sheathing products, it’s uniform, workable and remarkably strong.
- Peace of Mind: No cupping, warping or splitting.
- Availability: Widely distributed, LP OSB products are available when you need them.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- 20-Year Transferable Limited Warranty: Backed by a long-term warranty so you can build with confidence.
How It’s Made
The largest OSB producer in the world, LP uses an innovative manufacturing process to ensure a reliable, consistent product that outperforms traditional lumber:
- Rectangular wood strands blended with thermal-set, waterproof adhesives are arranged in cross-directional layers.
- Layers are consolidated under extreme pressure, creating a stiff, strong and durable panel.
- Available sizes: 47-7/8˝ x 95-7/8˝ panels (Longer panels and custom thicknesses are also available. Please call (800) 964-6310 for more info.)
- Available performance categories: from 3/8 to 1-1/8*
- For additional strength and stiffness in shear wall applications, specify our APA Rated Struc-1® sheathing
- LP OSB panels are certified by the APA – The Engineered Wood Association and are manufactured in conformance with U.S. Voluntary Product Standard PS2. Additional information may be found in specific LP product literature and in literature from the APA, whose stamp of quality appears on LP OSB products. You may contact LP at 1-800-648-6893. The APA publications desk number is 1-253-565-6600 and their extensive literature is available at apawood.org.
- LP OSB sheathing can be used for wall, roof and flooring applications. Consider our other OSB specialty products designed specifically for floor applications (LP TopNotch Sub-Flooring) and roof applications (LP TechShield Radiant Barrier Sheathing). We also offer LP LongLength and LongLength XL OSB Sheathing, ideal for increased job site efficiency when constructing standard height and taller ceilings and for helping to achieve code compliance in wind and seismic zones.
*Performance category replaces the fractional nominal thickness used in PS2. The Performance Category is consistent with the panel thickness used in the U.S. model building codes.
How Is It Made: LP OSB Sheathing
Learn more about how LP OSB Sheathing is made.
LP OSB Sheathing
Learn more about LP OSB Sheathing.