At LP, supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion is the right thing to do—it is right for our company and for the communities in which we work and live. Committing to diversity, equity, and inclusion is integral to achieving our vision of becoming a top-tier building solutions company and our purpose of Building a Better World™.
We believe that a high-performance culture is one that embraces team members of every background, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and ability. As our population and culture shift, LP’s customers, vendors, talent pool, and communities are becoming more diverse. Building a more representative workforce and ensuring an inclusive work environment allows LP to better serve and win with our evolving stakeholders.
We believe our efforts should not be limited solely to LP. Over the past few years, events and revelations have heightened awareness of the sexism, racism, and violence perpetrated against minority populations. A light has been shined on the inequities and injustices that millions of people—including our LP coworkers, families, and fellow community members—live with every day.
At LP, we all must play a role in addressing the hatred, bias, and marginalization of people. To achieve our vision and purpose, we will take meaningful actions to build a more inclusive workplace and support marginalized communities. We will be bold and intentional in bridging the racial and gender opportunity gaps and work to embed diversity, equity, and inclusion into the culture of LP.
By focusing within LP while also engaging with industry and community partners, we pledge to do the following:
- Speak out and stand up for justice, equality, and opportunity for all by proactively initiating sustainable conversations within our LP family and the communities in which we live and work.
- Make bridging the racial and gender opportunity gaps central to how we achieve our company vision and purpose.
- Transform our workplaces into spaces where women, Black people, and people of color will be safe, heard, respected, and included.
- Broaden our recruiting and hiring outreach efforts to include more women, Black people, and people of color, offering a positive employment value proposition to join LP.
- Increase the representation of women, Black people, and people of color at all levels of LP by fostering a career development focus on all people regardless of race or gender.
- Expand education, training, scholarship, and mentoring opportunities in the manufacturing industry for women, Black people, and people of color.
- Deepen our inclusion, understanding, and acceptance of the perspectives of Black people and people of color in our communities through engagement within the social structures that they hold valuable.
- Understand and address barriers that prevent us from offering employment to qualified candidates reentering society from the criminal justice system.
- Actively contribute to the fight for criminal justice reform and accountability in the justice system.
- Champion increased participation in democracy by Black people and people of color.
- Expand the supply chain by cultivating relationships and opportunities to purchase goods and services from minority and women-owned businesses.
- Take proactive steps to ensure our advertising and media investments do not support organizations that promote racist or sexist views.