For Developers & Contractors
Image courtesy of Grimm + Parker Architects
LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing Offers Savings and Reduced Construction Time
For decades meeting fire code has been a mandatory task, not a strategic advantage. Now LP® FlameBlock® Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing lets you meet today’s codes while decreasing the construction time and cost of walls and roof decks.
LP FlameBlock sheathing installs easily without extra components, so you can save on most assemblies. That’s money you can reallocate to other things that homeowners are seeking.View Technical Guide
Decreases Construction Time
With LP FlameBlock sheathing, crews don’t have to add a layer of exterior gypsum. It provides a better substrate for securely fastening exterior cladding.
Reduces Material and Labor Costs
LP FlameBlock sheathing allows you to lower labor costs on most assemblies, and it installs easily with no extra components required.
Lets You Redirect Resources to Add Value
Because LP FlameBlock sheathing lets you meet code cost-effectively, you can reallocate resources to amenities that will differentiate your project from the competition.
- ICC-certified (ESR-1365)
- Class A and 30-Minute Flame Spread Rating (ASTM E84, UL723)
- Combines flame-spread resistance and burn-through resistance
- 15-Minute Thermal Barrier Protection (UBC 26-2)
- Component of fire-rated interior and exterior wall assemblies and roof decks
- Starts with the proven strength of LP® OSB
- Adds a proprietary non-combustible, fiberglass-reinforced Pyrotite® treatment
- Available in a variety of thicknesses for wall assemblies and roof deck applications
- Available with fire-rated treatment on one or both sides
For More Information
Enter your email to receive product updates about LP FlameBlock Fire-Rated OSB Sheathing.